• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

chinense Assam Bhut Jolokia vs the Bhut Jolokia question

@ doomsdaykillz the "assam" plant was a late plant i am going to overwinter it and as soon as i get some ripe pods i'll let you know.

The Assam Indian Carbon is much hotter in my opinion. Also the ones i am growing are significantly larger.

I don't have a regular Bhut Jolokia Pic yet, but the "Giant" Reds are identical to the others I am growing, just a bit longer.

52cca24e.jpg

The Assam Indian Carbons
d69c65c8.jpg

Here is a review on on of my Assams (be warned, there is some adult language).

http://youtu.be/9KancZLgHaI

@ mgold86 i seen the video tmudder made but from what i have herd (not from a pepper expert or anyone that grows peppers for that matter) that they are to different peppers that the assam is a true seed and the reg bhut jolokia is not a true seed. so i don't know

Slade, there are quite a few different "Jolokias" and a number of different Nagas... it's all still very confusing to me and I've been on here for quite some time. LOL

Yes Conor too many Jolakias. But I think the assam is just a larger hotter strain that has been isolated. They are very hot . Much hotter than my regular bhuts.

Hmm, I like the looks of the Assam Indian Carbons. Does it have a flavor like bhut jolokias? Are these the same chiles as the Indian carbons that Judy sells?

Yea, they are Judy's seeds. I am super excited with the plant. It is a huge producer and if you watch Todd's vid, it is stupidly hot.

I think I sent you some seeds Dulac, am I right?

Yea, they are Judy's seeds. I am super excited with the plant. It is a huge producer and if you watch Todd's vid, it is stupidly hot.

I think I sent you some seeds Dulac, am I right?

Very cool that they are from Judy. I'll send a pm to avoid going off topic / highjack thread.

Back